Sixty percent of today’s workforce considers retirement plans a “must have” benefit.1 Offering attractive plans is critical to attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent.
When you choose an ADP® retirement plan, you'll benefit from:
Not sure which retirement plan is best for your business and employees? Looking for easy plan management and a broad range of investment options? With ADP Retirement Services, you gain an experienced team of professionals ready to help you choose and implement the right retirement plan. Read on to learn more about your plan choices with ADP.2
A 401(k) is a qualified profit-sharing plan that allows employees to contribute a portion of their wages to an individual account. You can also contribute to employees’ accounts — this is often done through a match of what an employee contributes.
If you choose a 401(k) plan, you’ll need to decide which investment options your employee can choose to invest in. Whether your advisor is providing investment advisory services or you are considering hiring a third party for this support, ADP can accommodate either approach.2
Get even more details about 401(k) plans.
A 403(b) is a type of qualified retirement plan which is similar to a 401(k) and is available in certain industries. These plans allow your employees to contribute and save on a pre-tax and after tax basis, with the opportunity for employer matching contributions as well. In the education and healthcare sectors, these plans are the most common retirement vehicle.
ADP has teamed up with Newport Retirement Services8, a leading provider of 403(b) retirement plans, to bring you 403b-Select. This one-of-a-kind solution provides data integration between ADP’s payroll solutions and Newport’s recordkeeping system to ease the burden of administrative plan tasks.
Learn more about the new 403b-Select
A SIMPLE IRA (Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees) is a retirement plan that allows you and your employees to contribute to the plan. Employee contributions are tax-deferred. Each year, employers must make either a matching contribution or a nonelective contribution.
This type of plan can be an attractive option for small businesses, since it requires:
Administrative fees can be as little as $480, and you may qualify for a tax credit for start-up administrative costs of up to $500 for each of the first three years of the plan. Plus, you can deduct annual employer contributions to the plan as a business expense.3
For more information about how SIMPLE IRAs can benefit both you and your employees, contact us.
If you are self-employed or a small business owner, you can make tax-deferred and tax-deductible employer contributions to a SEP IRA plan for each employee. SEP IRAs provide key benefits to business owners:
To learn more about SEP IRAs, and to determine if a SEP IRA might be the best retirement plan for you and your employees, contact us.
Keep your top performers motivated and retirement ready with extra retirement savings and long-term incentives with Executive Deferred Compensation.
About 50 percent of employees save less than $5,000 per year for their retirement.4 When employees understand their retirement plan benefits, they’re more likely to enroll and use those benefits to their full potential.
Your employees will gain confidence that they’re on the right path to retirement through ongoing ADP education programs. And providing those programs is an effort well spent: 2 in 3employees say their benefits package helps reduce their financial stress.5
ADP Retirement Services supports your employees with helpful programs, information, technology and tools that include:
One of the things we can offer our employees who don't speak English is the Spanish-speaking capabilities of our ADP Retirement Counselor.
Sandy Hood, Director of Human Resources
Resources & Insights
Articles & Insights
*The views expressed herein are the speaker's own. Not all clients will experience the same results. ADP has not compensated any clients for the included testimonials.
1. 17th Annual U.S. Employee Benefit Trends Study — MetLife, October 2018.
2. ADP, LLC and its affiliates do not endorse or recommend specific investment companies or products, financial advisors or service providers or engage or compensate any financial advisors for the provision of advice to plans or participants. In assembling and presenting its investment platforms, ADP is not undertaking to provide impartial investment advice or to give advice in a fiduciary capacity.
3. Please consult your tax advisor to determine if you are eligible for this federal tax credit.
4. The State of Employee Retirement readiness - Retirement Insights, LLC, January 2019.
5. 17th Annual U.S. Employee Benefit Trends Study - MetLife, October 2018.
6. Unless otherwise indicated, educational videos, articles and tools are provided by and are the property of DST Systems, Inc. All other videos, articles and tools are the properties of the third parties named therein. The videos, articles, calculators and tools are for general information only and are not intended to provide financial, investment, tax or legal advice or recommendations, nor are they the sole authority on any regulation, law or ruling. ADP is not responsible for the accuracy and/or content of such materials.
7. The Retirement Health Care Costs Projector (RHCCP) is the property of HealthView Services, Inc. and is provided for educational purposes only. Cost projections and other information generated by the RHCCP are estimates, hypothetical in nature, dependent upon the quality of input data as well as certain assumptions, and are not guarantees of future results. Actual health care costs will likely vary (sometimes significantly) from the estimate. ADP cannot guarantee or assure a plan participants ability to meet any of their goals or that any hypothetical results actually will occur; has not verified or confirmed the accuracy of these guidelines, assumptions or estimated costs; and does not provide health care advice, products or services. Nothing expressly contained or implied on ADP’s participant website or in any RHCCP estimate is intended or shall be construed as medical or other professional advice by ADP. For specific medical advice, diagnosis and treatment, participants should contact their personal physician. Participants should consult with their tax advisor or financial professional and not rely on the RHCCP as the primary basis for their investment, financial, or tax planning decisions.
SIMPLE IRA and SEP are offered through ADP Broker-Dealer, Inc. (ADPBD), Member FINRA, an affiliate of ADP, LLC, One ADP Blvd, Roseland, NJ 07068. Only registered representatives of ADPBD may offer and sell such retirement products and services or speak to retirement plan features and/or investment options available in any ADP retirement product. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with a client, ADP, LLC and its affiliates (ADP) do not endorse or recommend specific investment companies or products, financial advisors or service providers; engage or compensate any financial advisor or firm for the provision of advice; offer financial, investment, tax or legal advice or management services; or serve in a fiduciary capacity with respect to retirement plans.
Unless otherwise disclosed or agreed to in writing with a client, ADP, LLC and its affiliates (ADP) do not endorse or recommend specific investment companies or products, financial advisors or service providers; engage or compensate any financial advisor or firm for the provision of advice; offer financial, investment, tax or legal advice or management services; or serve in a fiduciary capacity with respect to retirement plans. Investment options are available through the applicable entity(ies) for each retirement product. Investment options in the “ADP Direct Products” are available through either ADP Broker-Dealer, Inc. (ADP BD), Member FINRA, an affiliate of ADP, LLC, One ADP Blvd, Roseland, NJ (ADP BD) or (in the case of certain investments) ADP, LLC. Only licensed representatives of ADP BD or, in the case of certain products, of a broker-dealer firm that has executed a marketing agreement with ADP, LLC may offer and sell ADP retirement products or speak to retirement plan features and/or investment options available in any ADP retirement product and only associated persons of ADP Strategic Plan Services, LLC (SPS) may speak to any investment management or advisory services provided by SPS or any third party in connection with such ADP retirement products. SPS is a SEC Registered Investment Adviser. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or services. Nothing in these materials is intended to be, nor should be construed as, advice or a recommendation for a particular situation or plan. Registered representatives of ADP Broker-Dealer, Inc. do not offer investment, tax or legal advice to individuals. Please consult with your own advisors for such advice. ADPBD-20190620-0811
8. Retirement plan recordkeeping and administrative services are provided by Newport Group, Inc. and made available through ADP, LLC (ADP). Custodial services are provided by Newport Trust Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Newport Group, Inc. Newport Group, Inc. and Newport Trust Company are not affiliated with ADP or any of its affiliates, parents or subsidiaries.