Businesses don’t always have a payroll or HR expert on staff in the beginning. Unfortunately, lack of proper expertise in these areas can lead to these common, and costly, payroll and HR mistakes.
- Not having or clearly communicating company policies and procedures
- Workplace discrimination or discriminatory hiring practices
- Lack of compliance with local employment law
- Not offering mandated employee benefits
- Incorrectly classifying employees
- Not offering competitive health benefits, or paying too much for health benefits
- Not paying employees accurately and on-time
You can help your business properly set up for long-term HR success by partnering with an expert in HR services. There are several options available, from payroll providers, to various levels of HR outsourcing, to Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs).