Service King is a leader in collision repair with 350 locations across 24 states. Industry consolidation and acquisition of stand-alone shops have led to explosive revenue growth from just under $100 million to about $1.3 billion in the past seven years. Sean Huurman, chief human resources officer at Service King, discusses how Service King transformed its human capital management (HCM) systems to manage rapid growth, streamline HCM processes and enable quick onboarding of new acquisitions.
As we’ve consolidated HCM systems, it’s helped us realize ROI — some of it immediately. We’ve gotten the controls and workflows where we needed, and our managers have started to think about these processes and understand what it means to them. We’ve created efficiencies and functionality within those groups that have contributed to about half-a-million dollars a year in labor and productivity efficiencies. Most importantly, and the thing that keeps many of us up at night, I can now point to 100 percent compliance for things like background checks and other controls that simply weren’t in place and were a big gap before.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Challenges Service King faced:
- Hyper growth of the company with no systems strategy in place to support
- Antiquated, disparate systems and manual processes plaguing the HR team
How ADP helped:
- Technology, implementation and HR expertise support for an HCM transformation
- Employee self-service for clocking in and out, with GPS and geo-fencing functionality, through the ADP mobile app
- Significant cost savings through efficiencies, integration and automation
- Peace of mind and confidence in HR compliance