At Party City, helping others create unforgettable moments is what its teams live for. Vern Martin, vice president of corporate HR, talent acquisitions and operations, is no exception. Tasked with overseeing the hiring of thousands of employees during peak seasons, he’s worked tirelessly to build a seamless, automated process for a better candidate and associate experience. As an early adopter of ADP technology, he’s tailored the solution based on feedback and real-time information to empower managers and associates to make their own moments extraordinary. Discover how Party City scales its operations each year with help from ADP.
I have to hire 22,000 people in eight weeks, so I can’t afford for the application process to be difficult or stop someone from applying ... ADP understands what our objectives are, and we’ve worked collaboratively to see how we can facilitate that experience as effectively as possible.
VP, Corporate HR, Talent, Acquisitions and Operations
Challenges Party City faced:
- Hiring thousands of candidates in a short timeframe
- Managing candidate applications, recruiting and onboarding through paper-based processes
- Difficulty measuring and tracking compliance
How ADP helped
- ADP's SmartCompliance® Tax Credits module helped to reduce hours of administrative work per hire, which allowed the business to focus on strategic initiatives and organizational goals
- Provided industry-leading technology, expertise and compliance solutions to support Party City’s acquisition, recruitment and engagement needs
- Helped Party City achieve nearly 100 percent compliance with Work Opportunity Tax Credits screening, allowing HR to drive significant savings back to the business