Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states and areas include Arizona and California.
It also includes upcoming minimum wage increases and several federal and IRS updates including IRS publication releases and USCIS policy changes.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- Arizona Reduces Amount of Earnings Subject to Garnishment
- California Provides FAQs on New Pay Disclosure Requirements
- Recap: California Laws & Changes Taking Effect January 1, 2023
Upcoming Minimum Wage Increases
- Minimum Wage Announcements – 12/15/22 – 1/15/23
- SECURE 2.0 Act of 2022 Makes Sweeping Changes to Retirement Savings Plans
- IRS Announces 2023 Automobile Business Use Mileage Rates
- IRS Announces 2023 Medical Mileage Rate
- USCIS Changes Policy on Expired Green Cards for Form I-9
- Federal Protections for Pregnant and Nursing Employees Expanded
- FLSA and FMLA Willful Violations Penalties Increased for 2023
- IRS Releases 2023 Publication 15
- IRS Releases 2023 Version of Publication 15-A
- IRS Releases 2023 Publication 15-B