Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor including the latest updates related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The highlighted states and areas include California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Texas, Vermont, and Washington. It also includes information on updated guidance from the EEOC on COVID-19 testing & related issues.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- California Announces January 1, 2023, Minimum Wage
- Illinois Prohibits Hairstyle Discrimination
- Massachusetts Bans Hairstyle Discrimination
- Michigan Court Voids Amended Minimum Wage and Paid Leave Laws
- Nebraska Amends Child Labor Laws
- Oregon Enacts Final Rule on Heat Hazards
- Oregon Requires Wildfire Smoke Exposure Training
- Puerto Rico Enacts New Law on Remote Workers of Out-of-State Employers
- Vermont Adds Whistleblower Protections
- Vermont Amends Crime Victim Leave Law
- Vermont Sets Discrimination Claim Timeframe
- State of Washington Clarifies Paid Family and Medical Leave Waiting Period
- State of Washington Prohibits Nondisclosure Agreements and Retaliation
- Austin, Texas, Bans Hairstyle Discrimination
- City of Los Angeles Enacts Healthcare Workers Minimum Wage Ordinance
- Additional New York State Jurisdictions Require Wage Transparency
- Philadelphia Enacts Commuter Transit Benefit Requirement
- EEOC Updates Guidance on COVID-19 Testing & Related Issues