Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state and local level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in leave and payroll including the latest updates related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The highlighted states and areas include Massachusetts, Nevada, Washington, California, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Rhode Island, Vermont, District of Columbia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oregon.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- Massachusetts Enacts COVID-19 Emergency Paid Sick Leave
- Nevada Enacts Paid COVID-19 Vaccine Leave
- Nevada Amends Paid Sick Leave Law
- State of Washington Expands Definition of "Family Member" Under Paid Family and Medical Leave Act
- Paid Vaccine Leave Ordinance Enacted for Los Angeles County, California
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Clarifies Term Domestic Violence Under Sick Leave Law
- Kansas Enacts Taxpayer Protection Act
- Massachusetts Publishes Telecommuting Guidance
- Rhode Island to Increase Minimum Wage
- Vermont Updates Guidance for Remote Workers
- July 1, 2021 Minimum Wage Increases Reminder