Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on various payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal levels. This edition covers regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states include California, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Washington.
It also provides the latest minimum wage announcements, the 2024 IRS benefit plan and pension plan limits, an updated PCORI fee, and the 2024 Social Security wage base.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- California Requires Workplace Violence Prevention Plan
- California Prohibits Questions About Applicants' Prior Cannabis Use
- California Raises Minimum Pay for Overtime Exemptions for 2024
- California to Raise Minimum Wages for Healthcare Workers
- Delaware Issues Regulations, Guidance on Paid Family Leave Program
- Massachusetts Employees May Supplement Paid Family Leave with PTO
- Oregon Adds Public Service Protections
- Oregon Bolsters Worker Protections from Hazardous Conditions
- State of Washington 2024 Overtime Salary Threshold Announced
- Chicago to Phase Out Tipped Minimum Wage
- Minimum Wage Announcements 10/16/23 – 11/15/23
- IRS Announces 2024 Benefit Plan Contribution Limits
- IRS Information Reporting Penalty Amounts Indexed for Tax Year 2024
- PCORI Fee Announced
- Social Security Wage Base for 2024 Announced
- Pension Plan Limitations for 2024 Provided by IRS