Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on various payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal levels. This edition covers regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states include Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, and Vermont.
It also provides the latest minimum wage announcements and a federal update on the U.S. DOL proposed increase to minimum salary for exempt employees, the Treasury delay on SECURE 2.0 mandatory Roth catch-up contributions, and the NLRB adoption of a new standard for reviewing workplace policies.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- Illinois Amends Notice and Personnel Records Access Requirements
- Illinois Clarifies Equal Pay Reporting Requirements
- Illinois Enacts Pre-Tax Transportation Benefits Requirement
- Illinois Expands Bereavement Leave Requirements
- Illinois Requires Certain Employers to Offer Organ Donation Leave
- Illinois to Require Pay Scale in Job Ads
- Maine Amends Tip Pooling Rules
- Maine Bars Mandatory Employer Meetings on Religious or Political Matters
- Minnesota Clarifies Anti-Retaliation Provision in Ban on Pay Secrecy Policies
- Montana Modifies Taxation of Tipped Income
- New Hampshire Clarifies Tip Sharing and Pooling
- Texas Adds Human Trafficking Prevention Training Requirements for Transportation Network Companies
- Texas Adds Labor Law Protections
- Texas Protects Workers from Violence in the Workplace
- Vermont Enacts New Child Care Payroll Tax
- Columbus, Ohio Prohibits Salary History Inquiries
- Minimum Wage Announcements 8/16/23 – 9/15/23
- U.S. DOL Proposes Increase to Minimum Salary for Exempt Employees
- Treasury Delays SECURE 2.0 Mandatory Roth Catch-Up Contributions to 2026
- NLRB Adopts New Standard for Reviewing Workplace Policies