May 2023: Detailed Look at State, Local, and Federal Updates
Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on various payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal levels. This edition covers regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states include California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Oregon, Utah, and Virginia.
It also provides federal updates on I-9 inspection and a new voluntary self‐identification form for federal contractors.
The topics covered in this issue are:
- Colorado Requires New Annual Notice
- Connecticut Extends Registration Deadline for State-Run Retirement Plan
- Florida Requires Certain Employers to Use E-Verify
- Idaho Restricts Vaccination Requirements
- Illinois Issues Amended Rules on Employee Expense Reimbursement
- Maryland Delays Paid Family and Medical Leave
- State of New York Expands Lactation Protections
- State of New York to Raise Minimum Wage
- State of New York Updates Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Policy and Training
- Utah Employers May Obtain Workplace Protective Orders
- Utah Protects Against Vaccination or Immunity Status Discrimination
- Virginia Eliminates Subminimum Wage for Individuals with Disabilities
- Virginia Prohibits Provisions that Conceal Sexual Harassment Claims
- Virginia Requires Organ Donation Leave
- Denver Wage Theft Rules Adopted
- New York City Adopts Final Rule on Automated Employment Decision Tools
Upcoming Minimum Wage Increases
- Minimum Wage Announcements – 4/16/23 – 5/15/2023
- I-9 Inspection Flexibility Ends Soon; In-Person Examination Deadline Set
- New Voluntary Self‐Identification Form for Federal Contractors