Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on various payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal levels. This edition covers regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states include California, Colorado, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, and Virginia.
It also provides federal updates, including IRS wellness expense guidance, benefit plan impacts to the end of the public health emergency, and updates on background notice checks.
Topics Covered In This Issue
The topics covered in this issue are:
- Colorado Requires EITC Notification
- Retroactive Paid Family Leave Payroll Deductions Prohibited in Colorado
- Maryland Increases Minimum Wage on an Expedited Basis
- Michigan Amends Nondiscrimination Law
- New Jersey Enacts Bill of Rights for Temporary Workers
- State of New York Expands Nondiscrimination Protections
- State of New York Updates Salary Transparency Requirements
- Virginia Prohibits Use of SSN on ID Cards
Upcoming Minimum Wage Increases
- Minimum Wage Announcements – 3/16/23 – 4/15/2023
- IRS Releases Guidance on Reimbursement of Nutrition, Wellness, and General Health Expenses
- How the End of the Public Health Emergency Impacts Employee Benefit Plans
- Updated – NLRB Says Overly Broad Provisions in Severance Agreements Are Unlawful
- Updated Background Check Notice Required