Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states and areas include California, District of Columbia, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, and Washington.
It also federal updates including, IRS publication updates, NLRB rules, and the Supreme Court ruling on employees eligible for overtime pay.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- California Updates Guidance and Resources for New Pay Data Reporting Rules
- Illinois to Require that Employers Provide Paid Leave
- New Jersey Enacts Bill of Rights for Temporary Workers
- New Mexico Provides Paid Sick Guidance
- State of New York Requires Veteran Benefits and Services Poster
- State of Washington Updates Cares Act
- State of Washington Minimum Wage and Workers' Rights Reminder
- State of Washington Provides Salary Transparency Guidance
- Berkeley, California, Adopts Scheduling Ordinance for Certain Industries
- Los Angeles Adopts Scheduling Ordinance for Retail Sector
- Seattle Prohibits Caste Discrimination
Upcoming Minimum Wage Increases
- Minimum Wage Announcements – 2/16/23 – 3/15/2023 (California, District of Columbia, New Mexico, and Maryland)
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules Daily Paid Employees Eligible for Overtime Pay
- IRS Dramatically Expands Electronic Filing Mandate in 2024
- Federal Court Voids 2022 Labor Law Changes in Puerto Rico
- IRS Releases 2022 Version of Publication 502
- IRS Releases 2022 Version of Publication 503
- NLRB Rules Broad Confidentiality and Non-Disparagement Provisions in Severance Agreements Are Unlawful