Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states and areas include California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Puerto Rico.
It also includes California minimum wage announcement increases.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- California Updates Guidance and Resources for New Pay Data Reporting Rules
- California to Adopt New COVID-19 Prevention Rules
- Colorado Says PHEL No Longer Applies to Flu and RSV
- Colorado Updates Rules on Calculating Pay Rate for Paid Leave
- District of Columbia Delays Increase to Cash Wages for Tipped Employees
- Illinois Issues Rules on Equal Pay Reporting
- Michigan Court Reinstates Scaled Back Minimum Wage and Paid Leave Laws
- Minnesota Bans Hairstyle Discrimination
- New Jersey Amends WARN Act
- State of New York Adds Electronic Posting Requirements
- State of New York Further Protects Against Human Trafficking
- Pennsylvania Updates Protected Characteristic Definitions; Adds Hairstyle Protections
- Puerto Rico Announces Pension/Retirement Plan Contribution Limits for 2023
- Albany County, New York, Requires Pay Range Disclosure
- Bloomington, Minnesota, Amends Sick Leave Requirement
- Mountain View, California, Adopts Wage Theft Ordinance
- San Francisco Requires Supplemental Pay for Military Leave
- St. Paul, Minnesota, Amends Paid Sick Leave Ordinance
Upcoming Minimum Wage Increases
- Minimum Wage Announcements – 1/15/23 – 2/15/2023