Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states and areas include California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Washington, and Washington D.C.
It also includes a list of upcoming minimum wage increases and several federal updates including updates and announcements from the EEOC and the IRS.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- California Adds Employment Protections for Off-Duty Cannabis Use
- California Further Expands Nondiscrimination Law
- California Protects Employees During Emergency Conditions
- California Amends Hate Crimes Law
- California Raises Minimum Pay for Overtime Exemptions for 2023
- Colorado State-Run Retirement Plan Set to Launch
- Voters in D.C. Approve Measure to Phase Out Tipped Credit
- Nebraska Approves Increase to Minimum Wage
- Nevada Votes to Modify Minimum Wage
- New Hampshire Establishes Voluntary Paid Family Leave Program
- Oklahoma Amends Wage Payment Law
- Oregon and State of Washington Jointly Issue Paid Family and Medical Leave Guidance
- Oregon Modifies Workers' Compensation Rule
- Rhode Island Establishes Pregnancy Special Enrollment
- Utah Amends Mobile Workforce Taxation Rules
- Inglewood, California Approves Healthcare Worker Minimum Wage Increase
- Tukwila, Washington, Adopts Minimum Wage
Upcoming Minimum Wage Increases
- Minimum Wage Announcements – October 15 – November 15, 2022
- EEOC Updates Required Poster
- IRS Updates Guidance on WOTC Pre-screening and Certification
- IRS Announces 2023 Benefit Plan Contribution Limits
- IRS Information Reporting Penalty Amounts Indexed for Tax Year 2023
- Pension Plan Limitations for 2023 Provided by IRS
- SECURE Act Brings Major Changes to Employer Retirement and Benefit Plans
- Use Current I-9 for Now; Remote Inspection Allowed Through July 31, 2023
Subscribe to SPARK updatesSign up