Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state and local level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in leave, payroll, and time and labor including the latest updates related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The highlighted states and areas include Alabama, Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Kansas, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah.
This edition also includes upcoming increases to minimum wage for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- New York Extends Paid Family Leave Protections
- Paid/Unpaid Leave Ordinance Enacted in West Hollywood, California
- Tucson, Arizona, Voters Approve Proposition to Increase Minimum Wage
- West Hollywood, California, Enacts Minimum Wage Ordinance
- Recent Minimum Wage Change Announcements
- Upcoming Increases to Minimum Wage Round-Up – 2022
Time & Labor:
- Alabama Issues Emergency Regulations on Vaccine Exemption Law
- Washington, D.C., Requires Paid Leave for Vaccination, Extends DCFMLA Changes
- Florida Requires Exemptions From COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
- Florida Issues Emergency Regulations Regarding Vaccine Exemption Law
- Kansas Requires Exemptions From COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
- New Jersey Extends Protections Against Age Discrimination
- New York Lets Employees Petition for Shared Work Program
- New York Adds Temporary Winter Mask Mandate
- North Dakota Expands COVID-19 Exemptions
- Tennessee Adds Employee Protections for COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Texas Bans Employer COVID-19 Mandates
- Utah Enacts COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Process