Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state and local level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor including the latest updates related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The highlighted states and areas include Alabama, California, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Montana, New Mexico, New York, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
The topics covered in this issue are:
- Massachusetts Announces 2022 Parking and Transportation Limits
- Colorado Clarifies Rules on Unused PTO
- Washington Updates Family & Medical Leave and LTC Premiums For 2022
- California Raises Minimum Pay Requirements for Certain Exemptions for 2022
- Colorado Finalizes New Pay, Poster Rules for 2022
- Virginia Updates Wage Payment Issues Field Operations Manual
- Recent Minimum Wage Change Announcements
Time & Labor:
- Alabama Requires Exemptions From COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Illinois Clarifies State Law Doesn't Bar Employer Vaccine/Testing Mandates
- Iowa Requires Waivers From Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
- New York Expands Whistleblower Protections
- West Virginia Requires Exemption Process for COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements