Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state and local level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in leave, payroll, time and labor, and tax credits including the latest updates related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The highlighted states include Washington, Virginia, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Oregon, and Pennsylvania.
Topics Covered in This Issue
- State of Washington Again Extends Proclamation Protecting High-Risk Employees During COVID-19
- Virginia Mandates Time-Off Requirements for Election Day Service
- California Supreme Court Rules Airline Employees Whose Base of Work Is in California Must Receive Legally Compliant Wage Statements
- Colorado Enacts Revised Garnishment Rules Due to COVID-19
- Connecticut Increases Minimum Wage
- Wage Garnishment Rules Revised in Georgia
- Kentucky Releases Guidance Regarding Tax Issues for Employees Telecommuting Due to COVID-19
- Massachusetts Releases Withholding Guidance for Telecommuters
- New Hampshire Minimum Wage Bill Vetoed
- Oregon Provides Guidance Regarding Employees Temporarily Telecommuting
Time & Labor:
- Enforcement of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Predictability Pay Ordinance Delayed Until Further Notice
Subscribe to SPARK updatesSign up