State and Local Updates
September 26, 2019
Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state and local level. In our September issue, we’re covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor. The highlighted areas and states include California, New York, New Mexico, Illinois, Minnesota, New Hampshire, and Washington, D.C.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- California Requires FSA Claim Deadline Notification
- New York Announces 2020 Paid Family Leave Employee Contribution Limits
- Bernalillo County, New Mexico, Passes Paid Leave Ordinance
- Illinois Amends Nonresident Withholding Threshold
- Minimum Wage to Increase in Minnesota Effective January 1, 2020
- New Hampshire Governor Vetoes Minimum Wage Increase
- Washington, D.C., Garnishment Change Effective October 1, 2019
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, Adds to State Wage Theft Act
- South San Francisco, California, Adopts Minimum Wage
Time and Labor:
- Illinois Expands Human Rights Act to Cover All Employers