State and Local Updates
May 23, 2019
Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state and local level. In our May issue, we’re covering regulatory and legislative updates in leave and payroll. The highlighted states include California, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Washington, Texas, Minnesota and Indiana.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- California Releases Required Poster and Model Certification for New Parent Leave Act
- Massachusetts Provides Paid Leave Notice Templates and Distribution Deadline ― Extension Provided
- New Hampshire Governor Vetoes Paid Family Leave Bill
- New Mexico Requires That Sick Leave Policies Also Cover Family Members
- Washington State Amends Paid Family and Medical Leave Program (PFML)
- Dallas, Texas, Passes Paid Sick Leave Ordinance ― But ...
- Injunction That Limited Minneapolis Sick and Safe Time Ordinance to Employers Within City Lifted
- Indiana Provides for Overtime Exemption
- Washington State Increases Amount Payable to an Estate of a Deceased Employee
- Long Beach, California, to Increase Minimum Wage for Hotel and Concessionaire Workers