December 2022: Detailed Look at State, Local and Federal Updates
Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state, local, and federal level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor.
The highlighted states and areas include Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, and Oregon.
It also includes an extensive list of upcoming state and local minimum wage increases and federal updates including the 2023 PCORI fee and information on the student loan relief extension.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- Arizona Updates Individual Income Tax Withholding Form
- Reminder: Colorado Paid Family and Medical Leave Premiums Begin January 1; Private Plan Rules Released
- Colorado Says PHEL Also Applies to Flu and RSV
- Indiana Updates State Withholding Certificate
- Massachusetts Conforms to Federal Limits for Transit and Parking
- Oregon Temporarily Changes Rules to Determine Employer Size for Purposes of Paid Family and Medical Leave Contributions
Minimum Wage Updates
- Minimum Wage Announcements – 11/15/22 – 12/15/2022
- Upcoming Increases to Minimum Wage Round-Up
- PCORI Fee for 2023 Announced
- Student Loan Relief Extended Again