Timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues.
Check out our monthly Eye on Washington series that focuses on timely, topical insights on a variety of payroll and reporting issues at the state and local level. In this edition, we're covering regulatory and legislative updates in benefits, leave, payroll, and time and labor including the latest updates related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The highlighted states include New York, Pennsylvania, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, and California.
This edition also includes upcoming increases to the minimum wage for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
Topics Covered In This Issue
- New York City New York, Expands ESSTA Due to COVID-19
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Issues COVID-19 Paid Sick-Leave Regulations
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Enacts COVID-19 Sick-Time Ordinance
- Kansas Provides FAQs Regarding Teleworking During COVID-19
- Massachusetts Releases Updated Withholding Guidance For Telecommuters
- Increase to Michigan Minimum Wage Delayed
- Rhode Island Teleworking Regulations Further Extended
- South Carolina Again Extends Nexus Relief For Employees Telecommuting During COVID-19
- Vermont Provides Further Guidance Regarding Teleworking Employees
- Upcoming Increases to Minimum Wage Round-Up For 2021
Time & Labor:
- California Imposes COVID-19 Workplace Exposure Notice and Reporting Obligations
- Massachusetts Announces 2021 Parking and Transportation Limits