What is talent acquisition?
Talent acquisition is the process of recruiting and planning for skilled employees. Often influenced not only by immediate labor needs, but also the long-term goals of the company and labor trends within it.
Talent acquisition may include recruiting, but also a broader set of considerations such as building an employer brand, competitive benchmarking, onboarding, creating internal talent pipelines, and succession planning.
ncreasingly, talent acquisition has technology components and digital considerations, including:
- Custom careers websites
- Online employer marketing, including social media
- Hiring workflows between HR personnel and hiring managers
- Performance assessments and cascading goals
- Record-keeping for awards, licenses, skills, and certifications
- Employee databases and profiles to inform succession planning
- Reporting on metrics like cost-to-hire and time-to-hire
For mid-sized and large companies, talent management can be an important part of aligning their talent with their larger business goals, and maximizing labor costs.
Want to learn more about talent acquisition?
See how ADP helps companies with recruiting and talent acquisition. Visit ADP Talent Management >