Phishing Campaign: “Setup your advanced security profile. "// "ADP support team"
July 30, 2019
ADP has received reports regarding fraudulent emails being sent to ADP clients from email addresses that have the following format:
- Willie Frank(ES) <Willie.frank<AT>tnoculoplastics.com>
- Payroll Security <sec.workforcenow<AT>poolstorexpress.com>
- ADP Workforcenow <adpworkforcenow<AT>poolstorexpress.com>
The subject lines are the following: “Setup your advanced security profile" or "ADP support team". These emails instruct the recipient to click on a link in order to activate SMS service on their Workforcenow account for security alerts. The link redirects the user to a phishing ADP login page.
These emails do not originate from ADP and our analysis has revealed that they may contain malicious content. We’re working with our fraud prevention team and anti-phishing vendor to address this incident.
How to Report a Phishing Email
Be alert for this fraudulent email and follow the instructions below if you receive any suspicious email.
- Do not click on any links or open any attachments within the message.
- Forward the email as an attachment to email@example.com, then delete it.
- If you clicked any link or opened an attachment in the email, immediately contact your IT support.
The ADP Global Security Organization continues to actively monitor this situation. Clients are encouraged to visit our website at www.adp.com/trust to learn more about how ADP protects data, and how clients can help protect themselves. Protecting our clients and their data from malicious activity is a top priority for ADP.