Conference Overview: Event Highlights
When you join us at Meeting of the Minds 2013, you’ll receive hands-on training from ADP’s solution experts, as well as essential updates from legislative and compliance pros. You’ll also have a great time networking and mingling with people who work in the same industry and use the same products and services that you do.
Here are some event highlights you can look forward to!
First-Time Attendees: If you’re a first-time attendee, we have special events just for you on Sunday, March 17 starting at 2:00 p.m. The New Attendee Orientation Session and exclusive Business Expo Preview, held at 5:30 p.m., are designed specifically to help make your first Meeting of the Minds experience first-class. We’ll be giving away a fabulous prize to one lucky first-time attendee, so make sure you don’t miss out!
Conference Mobile App: Take advantage of the free MOTM Conference Mobile App to keep all the conference information at your finger tips while in Las Vegas including your personal agenda, overall session information, exhibitor information, hotel maps, speaker details, important announcements, and more. The app will be available approximately one month before the conference. Stay tuned for information on how to download it to your smartphone.
Educational Sessions: When you attend Meeting of the Minds, you will have so many opportunities for continuing education. We offer you more than 170 sessions, including discussion forums, client panels and case studies, and personal and professional development classes. All of our sessions are led by industry experts, ADP clients just like you, and ADP subject-matter experts. You’ll also earn Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs), adding further value to your Meeting of the Minds investment.
Every session is categorized to help you better select the classes that are perfect for you. The following icons in the on-site guide and the registration section of this website indicate the knowledge level needed for each session, helping you easily select classes based on your level of familiarity with ADP solutions:
| Beginner/All Levels
And, as always, each class has a detailed description so you can see which sessions suit you at a glance. Sign up early to save your spot — sessions always fill up quickly!
Educational tracks include:
- Benefits: This track addresses a broad range of needs for the benefits professional, from consumer-driven health plans and retirement plans to regulatory updates, as well as ADP product-specific sessions.
- HR Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): The sessions in this track have a specific focus on our Comprehensive Outsourcing Services offering (ADP’s HR BPO solution) and Recruitment Process Outsourcing.
- Human Resources: This track includes sessions for the entire employee life cycle (recruitment through retirement), with special emphasis on ADP’s HR and Talent Management solutions.
- Global: This track focuses on the ever-expanding trend toward globalization in the marketplace. In addition to sessions focused on ADP services, we also feature speakers who will discuss global best practices.
- Payroll and Time and Labor Management: This track covers ADP’s Payroll, TLM, and Tax-related solutions. You will learn how to yield an immediate return on investment through faster, more accurate payroll, tighter control of employee time and attendance, and how to best manage tax compliance.
- Personal and Professional Development: This track offers you the opportunity to enhance your personal development, with a focus on everything from improving leadership skills to managing stress levels.
Detailed session information can be reviewed here by using the password provided on the ADP4ME site. This session password can also be found on all Meeting of the Minds email communications that you receive.
Recertification Credit Hours: Earn valuable Recertification Credit Hours (RCH).
The American Payroll Association has approved this program for Recertification Credit Hours (RCH) as specified below:
- Conference Sessions Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, March 17-20: 17
- Focus on Training Sessions for Saturday, March 16: 6.5
- Focus on Training Sessions for Sunday, March 17: 4.5
- Focus on Training Sessions for Wednesday, March 20: 3.5
This education program has been approved by IHRIM for HRIP Recertification Credit Hours as listed below.
- Focus On Training Sessions for Saturday, March 16: 7
- Focus On Training Sessions for Sunday, March 17: 6.5
- Focus On Training Sessions for Wednesday, March 20: 7
- Meeting of the Minds Conference: 12
(Note: Logo use is not an endorsement of the quality of the program by IHRIM, but an indication that it meets the requirements to be pre-approved for credit.)
SHRM HR Certification Institute
Meeting of the Minds 2013 has been approved for recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
- Full Conference Recertification Credit Hours Awarded: 14.50
Specified Credit Hours: General
(Note: The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit)
NASBA CPE Credits*
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted on a 50-minute hour.
- Conference Sessions Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, March 17-20: 20
- Focus on Training Sessions for Saturday, March 16: 7.5
- Focus on Training Sessions for Sunday, March 17: 5.0
- Focus on Training Sessions for Wednesday, March 20: 4.0
*ADP, Inc., Employer Services, is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org
Free Focus On Training Classes: These in-depth training classes are available every day of the conference. This is the identical training your organization would typically pay additional fees to receive, and it is included in the cost of the conference. You’ll gain valuable knowledge during these hands-on training sessions and develop important skills to take back to the office. Availability is first-come, first-served, and classes fill up very quickly — so please register now!
Test Drives: If you’re curious about an ADP solution or are considering upgrading or adding a new product, Test Drives are the perfect sessions for you. In these classes, you’ll get a hands-on overview of features and functionality to help you determine which solution is right for you.
Business Expo and Solutions Lab: The Solutions Lab located adjacent to the Business Expo, with extended hours this year, is the magical spot where your questions about an ADP solution can be answered by ADP experts. In addition, you’ll discover even more valuable information and services from ADP product experts and partners exhibiting in the Business Expo.
Networking Activities: When you attend Meeting of the Minds, not only do you receive hours of valuable education, but you’ll also discover a great place to connect with other ADP clients in your industry. You’ll have plenty of time to network at meals and discussion forums, as well as during the “artrageous” Sunday night Welcome Reception in the Business Expo. A highlight of every Meeting of the Minds is the fabulous Client Extravaganza where you can make great connections in a relaxed environment, while having a ton of fun. Scheduled for Monday, March 18, this year’s extravaganza will be an astonishing spectacle, including a poolside party and dinner at the hotel’s Encore Beach Club, followed by a mesmerizing show at the Le Rêve Aqua Theater. And Tuesday night, you’re invited to an evening reception at XS, deemed by Condé Nast Traveler® as the hottest nightclub in the world. Afterward, you’ll have time to enjoy the colors of Las Vegas on your own.
Cyber Café, 24-Hour Access: The Cyber Café is open for your convenience 24 hours a day during the conference. Feel free to read your emails and quickly check-in with your office. You can also print a daily session agenda to ensure you stay on track.
Optional Activities: Las Vegas is full of remarkable, one-of-a-kind activities. If you choose to extend your trip, the following website will help you plan your visit.
Visit Las Vegas